Friday, September 17, 2010

love those corvettes

I'm a director and my work involves a lot of travel and opportunities to see and experience cool stuff. My passion is restoration and over the past few years I've rebuilt some beautiful cars, bikes and boats.





My restored 1958 Vette - photo by Mark Bean





ghost racing stripe on my 69 corvette 


my Vette 99% finished now




one of my favourite angles, love those hips



new custom leather interior - had a hell of a time fitting everything back into the dash. changed the style of the seats with rolls + perforations.


I rebuilt the complete AC system and all the vacuum actuators. Corvettes of this vintage are extremely complicated with a complex vacuum system, fibre optics and everything squeezed behind the dash - way too tight.



The concept for my 1969 Vette is - Italian Supercar of the 70's. This model has the works, AC, electric windows, tilt/tele steering, side pipes and I'm just finishing installing a custom chocolate brown leather interior and cloth roof to complete the look. They're still great value for money if you buy the right car and are highly underrated. My car has uprated Bilstein shocks, carbon fibre transverse leaf suspension & Steeroids rack & pinion power steering.


The C3 has all the looks and performance of a Supercar of the era but what usually lets it down is interior finish which is why I've gone for plush leather.




1 comment: