Saturday, September 25, 2010

Motorcycles

At last some motorcycles. Most of my friends are into vintage Harley bobbers, especially Joe and Machine Matt. I love my Triumphs especially my stripped down 1973 Bonneville chopper built by Matt Joyce. He's a master of the triumph and this is still one of his finest machines, beautifully balanced with the rake just right. I just love how lean this trumpy looks - nice shots too by the ever talented Mark Bean (but he does this for a living).

All my Triumphs have run magnetos and it always transforms a cranky bike into a reliable machine.




This is a rare beast that's taken me a while to sort out. It's a 1965 Bonneville TT Special built for desert racing. Running an ARD Magneto (Matt Joyce again) and some fat Coker rubber from Deus and it's a sweet ride.


Saw this HD Sportster bobber at the Goodwood Festival of Speed last year - nice detail. 


Only thing I don't like is the weird straight angle on the bars. 



I love the clutch leaver on the shifter


Another Goodwood Custom - a modern take on the board track racer. Check out the lack of suspension (or am I missing something?)


Favourite details is the cutaway tank for the Pan Head - nice.



love the low slung headlight


Saw this at the British Imperial War Museum - Lawrence of Arabia's Brough Superior. A legendary bike for a legendary character.





Gotta love a knucklehead




check out the belt drive turbo on this old bobber



HD XR 750 - love the helmet




Great Rickman Metisse


I saw this casually lurking in a friend's garage - a legendary Vincent Black Shadow (worth a fortune).















1 comment:

  1. Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!.. himalayan motorcycle tours

    ReplyDelete